Traffic Advisory for Open Streets Boston in Jamaica Plain for July 10, 2022
This event will bring some temporary parking regulations and roadway diversions on the below streets to reroute traffic, reduce illegal parking and make a safe environment for all. Bus detours will also be in effect. People attending this event are encouraged to walk, bike, or take public transit. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found on the Bluebikes website and information on the MBTA may be found on the MBTA website. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston. It is important to read all posted signs.
Open Streets Boston will afford residents, visitors and business owners to experience Boston in a whole new way through a fun-filled day of walking, biking, skating, rolling, and family-friendly activities on car-free streets.
Traffic and Parking Restrictions:
Centre Street will be closed to traffic beginning at 7 a.m. from Jackson Square to Centre/South. Towing on Centre St. will begin at 1 a.m.
Vehicles can cross Centre Street, but no turning is permitted, at:
- Green/Myrtle Street
- Boylston/Moraine Street
Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” signs on the following streets or lots:
- Centre Street, Both sides, from Lamartine Street to South Street
- Barbara Street, Both sides, from South Huntington Avenue to Centre Street
- Municipal Lot # 32, Entire Lot off of Centre Street between Kingsboro Park and Spring Park Avenue
- Municipal Lot # 7, Entire Lot at #350-352 Centre Street
Dead-end streets and some one-way streets abutting Centre Street along the route will have restricted traffic flow. Vehicles on these streets will not be allowed to exit during the event. If you need to use your vehicle during this time period, please plan accordingly. It is recommend moving your vehicle the night before to ensure that you will be able to get out. On July 10, all streets will reopen to traffic promptly at 3 p.m.
Bus Detours. Please note the following changes that will be in effect:
- Route 41 Outbound, Terminate at Jackson Sq. Station
- Route 41 Inbound, Begin route at Jackson Sq. Station
- Route 39 Outbound, South Huntington Ave, Bear left Heath St to Heath St. rotary, 1st exit off rotary to continue on Heath St, Right on Columbus Ave, Right into Jackson Sq. Station, Layover on far right side of station by station entrance doors
- Route 39 Inbound, Jackson Sq station, Left Centre St, Left Columbus Ave, Left Heath St, Bear right South Huntington Ave -Regular Route
Visit the MBTA website for bus alert information.