Traffic Advisory for Saturday, October 15, and Sunday, October 16, 2022
Events happening in the City of Boston will bring some parking restrictions and street closures.
People attending these events are encouraged to walk, bike, or take public transit. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found on the website and information on the MBTA may be found online. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Walking is also a great way to move around.
JOHN WINTHROP SCHOOL FAIR – Saturday, October 15, 2022
Back Bay - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The temporary park regulation “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday” will be in place on the following street:
- Marlborough Street, Both sides, between Clarendon Street and Berkeley Street, including all of the parking meters.
MARCH - Saturday, October 15, 2022
Brighton - Kenmore Square - Back Bay - Beacon Hill - Begins in Brighton at 12 p.m.
The following route will have roadway closures:
- Commonwealth Avenue, outbound at Alcorn Street to Babcock Street,
- Commonwealth Avenue, inbound side to Mass Ave to Hereford St.
- Enter Commonwealth Avenue Mall
- Arlington St, between Commonwealth Ave and Boylston
- Boylston St, between Arlington and Charles St.
- Entering Boston Common at Charles and Boylston Streets
- Beacon Street at Massachusetts State House near Park Street
ANNUAL BOSTON FIREFIGHTERS LOCAL 718 MEMORIAL ROAD RACE - Sunday, October 16, 2022
Dorchester - Race begins at 9 a.m.
The following route is mostly on DCR roadways and there will be roadway closures.
- Hallet Street at Florian Hall
- Gallivan Boulevard, between Hallet and Morrisey Boulevard
- Morrissey Boulevard, northbound, Neponset Circle to Bianculli Boulevard (UMass)
- Morrissey Boulevard, southbound, Bianculli Boulevard (UMass) to Tenean Street
- Tenean Street
- Conley Street
- Neponset Trail
- Hallet Street to Florian Hall
ANNA’S MONSTER DASH - Sunday, October 16, 2022
East Boston- Race begins at 9:15 a.m.
The following streets will have closures.
- Byron Street
- Coleridge Street
YMCA’S OAKTOBERFEST 5K - Sunday, October 16, 2022
Brighton - Race begins at 10 a.m.
The following route will have roadway closures.
- Washington Street, Oak Square to Foster Street
- Foster Street, Washington to Commonwealth Ave.
- Lake Street
- Kenrick Street, Gallagher Park to Lake Street
- Last updated:
- Published by: Transportation