Boston Cannabis Board
Boston's newly-created Cannabis Board will strengthen the City's focus on equity in the new cannabis industry.
In November 2019, the Mayor's Office signed an Ordinance Establishing Equitable Regulation of the Cannabis Industry in the City of Boston. This ordinance was the result of a collaboration from many stakeholders. The ordinance ensures Boston is a model for how to create a system that fosters racial equity and inclusion in the new cannabis industry. Our goal is to bring the benefit of this industry to all Boston communities.
As part of the ordinance, the Boston Cannabis Board was established. This independent board is charged with reviewing all applicants for a cannabis license.
Have questions? Contact:JASMIN WINN
In 2016, Massachusetts residents voted to legalize the recreational use of cannabis for people 21 and older.
Learn about the process involved in setting up a business in the City of Boston.
We have a step-by-step guide to help you understand the application process.
View our online application for potential businesses.
Read the executive order.
Establishing equitable regulation of the cannabis industry. Both the original and amendment to the ordinance can be found...
Determine if you are eligible and meet the criteria for the Boston Equity Program.
Read the Cannabis rules and regulation adopted on July 22, 2020.
Documents and Forms
- Draft rules and regulations with public comments for July 8, 2020 hearing
- Adopted rules and regulations on July 22, 2020 (updated July 21, 2021)
- Scoring sheet for new cannabis applicants
- Notice of Public Comment Period regarding the draft amendment to Section 2.00 of rules and regulations
- Application for Change (s) to License
- Application for Change in Ownership Interest
- Application One Day Amendment
Hearing related forms
Public comment period available for draft amendment to Boston Cannabis Board rules and regulations
Cannabis Board Information
The Cannabis Board grants and regulates various types of cannabis licenses in Boston.Cannabis Board information
Hearings and Community MeetingsHearings
Cannabis Board hearings are typically held during the second and third week of the month at 1 p.m. You may contact the Board to verify the upcoming hearing dates at Cannabisboard@boston.gov.
- Transactional (application) hearings: Wednesdays
- Voting hearings: Following Wednesday after the transactional hearing
Cannabis Board Hearing Dates
- January 18, 2023 (Transactional)
- January 25 (Voting)
- February 8 (Transactional)
- February 15 (Voting)
- March 14 (Transactional)
- March 21 (Voting)
- April 19 (Transactional)
- April 26 (Voting)
Host Community AgreementsHost Community Agreements
- 684 Center Street, JP, LLC
- Apothca, Inc. (d/b/a Massachusetts Patient Foundation)
- Ascend Mass, LLC.
- Beacon Compassion, Inc
- Berkshire Roots, Inc.
- Build A Life Legacy, LLC
- Cannabis Healing, LLC
- CastleLeaf, LLC
- Cloudfarming, LLC
- CNA Stores, Inc.
- Core Empowerment, LLC
- Cypress Tree Management Fenway, Inc.
- East Boston Bloom, LLC.
- East Boston Local Roots LLC
- Ember Gardens, LLC
- EnRoot Home Delivery Service, LLC
- Erba C3 Dorchester, LLC
- EVG Farms Group, LLC.
- Evoke Inc.
- Fairway Botanicals, Inc.
- Green Flash Delivery, LLC
- Green Line Boston, Inc.
- Herbal Power, LLC
- High Street Cannabis Group, LLC
- Holland Brands, SB LLC
- HVV Massachusetts, Inc. (East Boston)
- HVV Massachusetts, Inc. (Brighton)
- I & I Rose Garden, LLC
- KG Collective, LLC
- Liberty Passion, Inc.
- LowKey, LLC.
- Lowkey 2, LLC
- Lowkey Cultivation, LLC
- Mass. Citizens for Social Equity, LLC. (Roslindale)
- Mass. Citizens for Social Equity, LLC. (Roxbury)
- Mass Greenwoods, LLC
- Mayflower Medicinals, Inc. (Medical)
- Mayflower Medicinals, Inc (Recreational)
- Medmen Boston, LLC.
- New Dia Fenway, LLC.
- New England Cannabis Corp.
- NS AJO Holdings, Inc.
- OPCO Allston, LLC
- Patriot Care Corp.
- Pure Oasis, LLC (Brighton)
- Pure Oasis, LLC (Dorchester)
- Pure Oasis, LLC (Dorchester Delivery)
- Pure Oasis, LLC (Downtown)
- R2 Resilient Remedies, LLC
- Raices on the Hill, LLC
- Rasta Rootz LLC
- Rooted In, LLC (195 Dudley Street, Roxbury)
- Rooted In, LLC (331 Newbury Street, Boston)
- SAWF Estate LLC
- Silver Therapeutics, Inc.
- Sira Naturals, Inc.
- Stone's Throw Cannabis, LLC
- Team Green, LLC
- The Cannabis Station, LLC
- The Copley Connection, Inc.
- The Grazin Group, LLC
- The Heritage Club, LLC
- 617 Therapeutic Health Care Inc.
- Underground Legacy Social Club, LLC
- Union Twist, Inc.
- Verdant Reparative, Inc
- XHale New England New England, LLC
- Zip Run Inc.