We work to address racial and gender inequities in the City’s workforce. Our goal is to give those underrepresented in the City more chances for work and advancement.
Employee Resource Groups
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are independently organized, led, and governed by City of Boston employees.
Keeping up with DiversityNews
National Hispanic Heritage Month celebrated with fourth annual City Hall lighting…
Series of events celebrating Black History Month in Boston
About our office
Mayor Walsh created the Office of Diversity in 2014. We address racial and gender inequities that exist in the City’s workforce. We do this by:
- Employee Demographic Dashboard
- Quarterly and annual reports
- Employee resource groups
- Cultural resources at work
- Neighborhood career fairs
- Partnering with private sector
- Building a talent pipeline