Our mission is to increase opportunities for people with disabilities by facilitating full and equal participation in all aspects of life within the City of Boston. This includes reducing architectural, procedural, attitudinal, and communication barriers as well as promoting equity in housing, education, employment, transportation, and civic activities.
Our office works toward compliance with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We also provide information and referral, architectural access review, and advocacy on disability issues.
Disability Commission Annual Report for 2018 - 2019
Message from the commissioner: 50th anniversary of the Special Olympics
Message from the commissioner: Abilities Expo an event where everyone is included
The Disability Commission Advisory Board typically meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
The meetings take place at Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Square, on the 5th floor in the Iannella Chamber.
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Wednesday, May 29, 2019
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019*
*November and December combined due to holidays
- Call to Order
- Approval of Minutes
- Chair’s Report
- Commissioner's Report – Kristen McCosh
- Architectural Access Update – Patricia Mendez
- Old Business
- Old Action Items
- New Business
- New Action Items
- Public Input