Black Employee Network
A network of Black public service professionals.
We partner with the City to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our network supports the City's goals of increasing access and building equity in City resources. We support members by offering:
- professional development workshops
- networking events, and
- serving as a voice for Black employees.
Interested in joining?
Are you a City of Boston employee and want to join our group? Please email us:
About our group
Our goals include:
- building a culture that fosters innovation
- providing opportunities to celebrate culture and experiences
- offering opportunities for development and advancement
- creating programs and activities aligned with the mission of the City of Boston, and
- recognizing the achievements of our members.
- take part and volunteer for our events and activities
- offer ideas and feedback on our work
- help our group and the City to make sure we have a positive work environment, and
- spread the word about us, and encourage others to join.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Boston Public Health Commission
Pink and Black Education and Support Network
The Black Employee Network will be organizing a fundraiser for the Pink and Black Campaign in October.
Black Women's Health Imperative
Black Women's Health Imperative teams up with Mary J. Blige to promote the physical, mental and spiritual health and well-being for the nation’s 19.5 million African American women and girls.
City of Boston, Black Employee Network Secretary Chardline
At the start of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October, Chardline shares how breast cancer affected her family.