Learn more about Boston EMS Fellowship Program
EMS physicians play a vital role in the ongoing design, development, operation, and evaluation of EMS systems from initial patient access to definitive patient care. Throughout the Fellowship, participants support the Boston EMS Medical Director and the Associate Medical Director with daily operations as well as training. They also have the flexibility to structure research projects around specific areas of interest within emergency medical care.
The Boston EMS Fellowship program prepares physicians to be leaders in the field of emergency medicine and to control all aspects of EMS system medical direction. Graduates of the Fellowship program go on to pursue successful careers in the field of emergency medicine. The accomplishments of several Boston EMS Fellows are presented below.
PREVIOUS BOSTON EMS FELLOWS
- Jerrilyn Jones, MD: Assistant Professor, University of Maryland, Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Mazen El-Sayed, MD, MPH: Attending Physician Emergency Medicine, Associate Professor American University of Beirut, Lebanon and Director Pre-hospital care.
- David J. Hirsch, MD, MPH: Attending Physician, Concord Hospital and EMS Medical Direction for the Concord Fire Department, Concord, NH.
- Lori L. Harrington, MD, MPH: Attending Physician and Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA.
- Laura J. Eliseo, MD, MPH: Director of Education, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL.
- Michelle Fischer, MD, MPH: Staff Physician and Assistant Professor, Director of Research, Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA.
- Alexander Isakov, MD, MPH: Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Executive Director of the Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response (CPAR), Co-Director, Section of Pre-hospital and Disaster Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA.
- Fred Jones, MD: Attending Physician, Lakes Regional General Hospital, Laconia, NH.
- Kevin King, MD: Assistant Professor and Core Educator for the faculty of the Emergency Medicine Resident Program, Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA.
- Nannette M. Lugo-Amador, MD, MPH: Assistant Professor, EMS Director, Emergency Department, University of Puerto Rico Hospital, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Bryan McNally, MD, MPH: Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Associate Medical Director, Emory Flight Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA. Lead Investigator, CARES.
- Matthew Sholl, MD, MPH: EMS Medical Director, State of Maine, Attending Physician and Medical Director of EMS, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, Associate Professor Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Elizabeth Temin, MD, MPH: Associate Director for Pre-hospital Care, Attending Physician, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA.
- Russell MacDonald, MD, MPH: Associate Professor and Co-Director, Fellowship Programs, Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Toronto; Medical Director, Orange Transport Medicine, Toronto, Canada; Chair, Air Medical Services Committee, National Association of EMS Physicians; Board of Directors, MedEvac Foundation International.
To apply for the EMS Physician Fellowship program, please contact Ricky Kue, MD, MPH, Associate Medical Director, Boston EMS, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine.