Clothing and Textile Recycling
In compliance with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection’s policy, beginning November 1, the City of Boston will not accept clothing and textiles in curbside trash.
To help residents comply with this state policy, the City of Boston offers two options for residents to dispose of their unwanted clothing and textiles:
- drop boxes conveniently located throughout the City, and
- weekend curbside textile collection.
Items that are soiled, wet, or moldy should still be placed in your curbside trash for collection.
Have questions? Contact 311:
1 CITY HALL SQUARE, ROOM 714
BOSTON, MA 02201
Accepted Clothing and TextilesAccepted Textiles
- Flip Flops
- Boots (work boots, dress boots, winter boots)
- Dish cloths
- Cloth napkins
- Table linens
- Sports jerseys
- Stuffed animals
- Tops (t-shirt, blouses, shirts, tank tops)
- Outerwear (coats, jackets, blazers)
- Bottoms (pants, slacks, jeans, sweatpants, skirts, shorts)
- Baby clothing
- Bags (pocketbooks, backpacks, duffle bags, totes)