B-Local: Support Boston’s small businesses
The City of Boston is launching an app, B-Local, in partnership with Colu. We want to support the economic recovery of our neighborhood commercial districts.
The B-Local app rewards residents and visitors for shopping at Boston's local businesses. Rewards come in the form of Boston Points. Every Boston Point equals $1, and it can be easily redeemed at your local business.
Have questions? Contact:
Colu team: email@example.com
For businesses: How to apply
Your business can participate in the following ways:1. Participating business
A "Participating Business" is a business located in the City of Boston that has agreed to participate in the B-Local Program. By doing so, the business enables customers to earn Boston Points when they shop at their business.2. Redeeming businesses
A "Redeeming Business" is a business located in the City of Boston that has agreed to participate in the B-Local Program. They accept Boston Points from customers as a form of payment. These Points (discounts) will be reimbursed to the business by the City of Boston.
You can learn more about the program in our common questions and answers for businesses.
- You must have gmail account (get one for free).
- You must have a City of Boston Vendor ID. This is a free process, and we have instructions on how to get one:
- Your business must have a storefront or engage with customers directly.
- Your business must be located in Boston.
- Prepare the following (not required, but encouraged):
- Pictures of your business
- Your logo
Information sessions are optional and open to any business owner interested in learning more about how B-Local can support their business.