Supporting Boston's open businesses
All businesses deemed essential by previous orders remain open. These include:
- grocery stores, bodegas, and pharmacies
- laundromats and laundry services
- gas stations, auto repair, and bike repair shops
- moving and storage
- hotels to accommodate essential workers and vulnerable populations
- hardware stores, pet stores, postal stores (including private delivery companies)
- banks, and
- plumbers, electricians, and inspectors for emergency services.
- The City will permit any construction type that is allowed by the state, with the required COVID-19 Safety Affidavits and COVID-19 Safety Plans for permitted construction work in place.
- Auto dealers and wholesalers (for curbside pickup and delivery only)
- Car washes
- Drive-in movie theaters
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Lab spaces
- Libraries (curbside pickup and delivery only)
- Pet grooming
- Retail for curbside pickup and delivery only (such as clothing stores, toy stores, jewelry stores, nurseries and garden centers that don’t sell food products, adult use cannabis stores)
- General office spaces: The City of Boston will be providing specific guidelines to its businesses next week.
Dates for businesses categorized under phases 2, 3 and 4 by the Reopening Massachusetts report will be announced by the state in the coming weeks.