Rutherford Avenue / Sullivan Square Design Project
March 2022 update:
The City of Boston is currently reevaluating the Rutherford Avenue design to better align it with its Go Boston 2030 goal of increasing transit use citywide. We also want to create a corridor that is equipped to manage potential future growth.
About the project
We are working with the local and regional community to design a more people-friendly corridor between Sullivan Square and City Square.
Our goals for the Rutherford Avenue / Sullivan Square Design Project are:
- improve pedestrian connections and safety to MBTA transit stations and the community
- decrease traffic congestion
- protect Main Street from cut-through traffic
- create public and open space
- provide opportunities for appropriate development, and
- provide bicycle connections.
Revised overall Rutherford plan
You can download a map of the revised overall plan:Download Rutherford map