Small Grants Trust Program
We want to ensure spending from each trust reflects the original donors’ wishes. Grants range from $500 to $2,000 depending on availability of funds and demonstrated need.
During Fall 2023, we will be accepting Small Grants applications from Monday, August 28th until 5pm on Friday, October 6th. Organizations that received awards in the Spring/Summer round will be ineligible to receive funds again in 2023.
The Small Grants program will accept applications in four program areas. When applying, please be prepared to identify which program area best describes your request in the application form:
- Charitable and humane purposes (providing humanitarian aid or services)
- Special or new recreation for Bostonians
- Recreational (play or sports) areas for children
- To adorn and embellish (or beautify and enhance) Boston's streets and public spaces
Have questions? Contact:Treasury
Spring/Summer Small Grants Awardees
How to Apply
Grant eligibility requirements
In order to be eligible for these funds, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a nonprofit (501c3), OR a community organization partnered with a nonprofit with 501c3 status that agrees to serve as the fiscal agent. This may include partnering with a City of Boston department that agrees to serve as the fiscal agent.
- Projects and programs must provide services in Boston for the benefit of Bostonians.
- Must be more than 1 year in existence and, if a 501c3, have an annual operating budget of more than $2,000.
- Must have TWO (2) contact people with separate email addresses and phone numbers.
- Must commit to submitting receipts and a brief report documenting how the funds were spent in keeping with the original grant proposal after the project is complete.
- Has not received a grant from the Small Grants Trust Program (SGTP) within the past calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
Please check back here on Friday, August 28th, when the Small Grants will begin receiving applications for Fall 2023. Once opened, the RFQ will receive submissions until 5pm on Friday, October 6th.
You can view or print a copy of the Small Grants application questions HERE. If you plan to submit an application, please do so using the Google Form link unless you cannot due to disability.