First-Time Homebuyer Program
The First-Time Homebuyer Program provides income-eligible homebuyers in Boston with financial assistance.
For qualified households, the grant amount is five percent of the purchase price (maximum of $50,000 for with those with income less than 100 percent of AMI, maximum of $35,000 for those with income between 101 and 135 percent of AMI), plus closing costs if applicable.
Also available in Spanish (Español), Portuguese (Português), Chinese (中文), French (Français), Cape Verdean Creole (Kriolu Kabuverdianu), Haitian Creole (Kreyòl ayisyen), Somali (Soomaali), Russian (русский), Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt), and Arabic (عربى).
How to Qualify
To qualify for our programs, you need to plan to buy a one- to three-family residential property or condominium in Boston. The home must be your primary residency.
- be a first-time homebuyer (you haven't owned a property in the past three years)
- graduate from our Homebuying 101 class
- get a first mortgage pre-approval from one of our participating mortgage lenders (mortgage loan must adhere to the Fannie Mae general loan limits)
- have a household income less than 135 percent of AMI
- have assets less than $75,000