Boston’s outdoor pools and family friendly beach now open!
Summer is here and Boston Centers for Youth & Families (BCYF) is pleased to announce that the City of Boston’s two outdoor pools, the BCYF Clougherty Pool in Charlestown and the BCYF Mirabella Pool in the North End are open for the season. These pools, along with 16 pools open year round, are operated by BCYF, the City of Boston’s largest youth and human service agency.BCYF Clougherty Pool rates for the entire season:
- Adults (20 - 54): $15
- Teens (13 – 19): $5
- Youth (12 and under): Free; Adults (55 and older) and Active Military (with ID): Free
- Children under age 8 must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times. Memberships are available now at the BCYF Charlestown Community Center, 255 Medford Street, Charlestown or at the pool.
- Adults (20-61): $20
- Teens (13-19): $10
- Youth and Seniors (ages 6-12, adults 62+): $5
- Youth under 6 and Active Military (with ID): Free
- The rates are double for non-Boston residents. There are no day or guest passes. Memberships will be available beginning on Monday, June 4 at the BCYF Nazzaro Community Center, 30 North Bennet Street in the North End or at the pool beginning June 16.
Also open is the City’s “Family Friendly Beach” at the BCYF Curley Community Center in South Boston. The beach will also be open seven days a week and offers families access to an enclosed stretch of beach on Boston Harbor, restrooms with changing tables, picnic tables with umbrellas, outdoor showers, beach game equipment, and Wi-Fi. Membership for the beach for the entire season is $5.
The outdoor pools and beach will remain open seven days a week until Labor Day. All locations will have experienced, certified lifeguards on duty. BCYF Curley facilities are accessible for people with disabilities and both outdoor pools are equipped with lifts from the deck into the water. For programming information, the membership application, and hours of operation, visit Boston.Gov/BCYF.About Boston Centers for Youth and Families
Boston Centers for Youth & Families (BCYF) is the City of Boston’s largest youth and human service agency. BCYF operates 36 community centers in Boston that offer a variety of engaging and enriching programs for people of all ages created through community input and need. BCYF also oversees many citywide programs including the nationally-recognized violence intervention and prevention Streetworker Program and SuccessLink, Mayor’s Summer Jobs Program. All BCYF activities are accessible for people with disabilities.