Household hazardous waste, paper shredding, textiles, and electronics drop-off
COVID-19 update: Due to the public health emergency, there are certain restrictions in place for our hazardous waste dropoff events:
- You will need to stay in your car at all times during our dropoff events.
- To limit contact, we will not return containers back to you.
- All waste must be in the trunk of your car or in the bed of your truck.
- If your waste is inside your car when you arrive — instead of your trunk or the bed of your truck — you will be given the option to leave the line of cars, place your waste in the trunk or bed, and then come back through the line.
- Pedestrians and cyclists are welcome to attend. We just ask that you check in with City staff upon entering the property.
- We only take waste from Boston residents. You need to show us proof of your residency. We will not take any waste from businesses.
- Latex and acrylic paint are NOT hazardous. Just let the paint dry out in the can and put it out on your trash day.
- We offer paper shredding at all of our events. We will shred up to 10 copy paper size boxes or containers of your personal documents.
- We accept all clothing and textiles, including pants, coats, hats, and suits. As long as it’s dry and not moldy, we want it. But, there are certain items that we can't accept.
- You can also recycle electronics at this event. We don't take commercial material from businesses. Learn more about what electronics you can — and can't — recycle.
2022-09-24T09:00:00 - 2022-09-24T14:00:00