How Age Strong Can Help You
We want to help older Bostonians access the information, programs, and services they need and are entitled to. Our goal is to ensure that you live healthy and dignified lives in the City of Boston.
Our advocates have the expertise and compassion to solve problems with you. Do you or someone you know need assistance? Call Age Strong at 617-635-4366 Monday-Friday 9 to 5 and an Age Strong Advocate will assist you.
How we can help
- Assistance is available in any language. Please let your advocate know which language best serves you.
- Medicare/health insurance counseling - Meet with trained SHINE counselors (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone) to find the best medical and prescription drug coverage for the least cost. Also, find out if you're eligible for the Medicare Savings Program.
- Application assistance for benefits like SNAP (formerly food stamps), LIHEAP (fuel assistance), housing, and more.
- Connecting older adults to events, activities, and programs throughout the city.
- Referrals to legal, financial, and medical experts, as well as protective services in cases of elder abuse, self-neglect or financial exploitation.
- Connections to volunteer opportunities.