Information and referrals for older people
We want to help older Bostonians access the information, programs, and services they need. Our goal is to ensure that you live healthy and dignified lives in the City of Boston.
"I am thankful for being born and living in Boston all my life. It’s the greatest city in the world." — Anthony Bolotte, 75
- Health insurance counseling - The SHINE Program (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone) provides free health insurance information, counseling and assistance to all Massachusetts residents with Medicare. All of our advocates are SHINE certified.
- Filling out application for benefits like SNAP (food), LIHEAP (fuel), and more
- In-person assessments and home visits
- Connecting you to aging information, programs and services, including Home Care service providers
- Connecting you to City programs and services
- Referrals to legal service providers
- Referrals to protective services in cases of elder abuse, self-neglect or financial exploitation
Our advocates hold office hours in each neighborhood. Contact us at 617-635-4366 if you’d like to meet them in your community.
|Deolinda DaVeiga||Mattapan, North Dorchester, Roxbury, Cape Verdean Community (citywide)|
|Lorna Heron||Fenway/Kenmore, Hyde Park, South Boston|
|Connie Mohammed||Bay Village, Downtown, North End/Waterfront, West End|
|Meaghan Murray||Allston, Brighton, Charlestown, South End|
|Nhung (Ivy) Pham||Chinatown, Roslindale, South Dorchester, Vietnamese Community (citywide)|
|Marissa Resnick||Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury|
|Tammy Sutton||Citywide (in-house)|
|Vilma Valentin||East Boston, Mission Hill, Latino Community (citywide)|