Information and Referrals for Older People
Our advocates at the Age Strong Commission have the experience and connections to set you on the right path.
We want to help older Bostonians access the information, programs, and services they need. Our goal is to ensure that you live healthy and dignified lives in the City of Boston.
"I am thankful for being born and living in Boston all my life. It’s the greatest city in the world." — Anthony Bolotte, 75
Our advocates have the expertise and compassion to solve problems with you. Do you or someone you know need assistance? Fill out our constituent services referral form and an Age Strong representative will assist you.
Still have questions? Contact:
Where we can help
- Health insurance counseling - The SHINE Program (Serving the Health Information Needs of Everyone) provides free health insurance information, counseling and assistance to all Massachusetts residents with Medicare. All of our advocates are SHINE certified.
- Filling out application for benefits like SNAP (food), LIHEAP (fuel), and more
- In-person assessments and home visits
- Connecting you to aging information, programs and services, including Home Care service providers
- Connecting you to City programs and services
- Referrals to legal service providers
- Referrals to protective services in cases of elder abuse, self-neglect or financial exploitation
Know your advocate
Our advocates hold office hours in each neighborhood. Contact us at 617-635-4366 if you’d like to meet them in your community.
|Lorna Heron||Downtown, Chinatown, North End, Waterfront, and West End||617-635-4335|
|Nhung (Ivy) Pham||Dorchester (South), Vietnamese Community, Allston/Brighton||617-635-4646|
|Tammy Sutton||Citywide (in-house)||617-635-3202|
|Vilma Valentin||Mission Hill, Latino Community (citywide)||617-635-4363|
|Angelina Goncalves||Dorchester Bowdoin/Geneva/Four Corners, Roxbury, Beacon Hill/Back Bay/Bay Village, Cabo Verdean Community||617-635-5391|
|Alycia (Cia) Joyner||Dorchester (North), Roxbury||617-635-3993|
|Yves Mary Jean||Mattapan, Hyde Park, Haitian Community (citywide)||617-635-0021|
|Mary O'Sullivan||West Roxbury, Roslindale||617-635-4373|
|Jasmary Noriega||Jamaica Plain, East Boston||617-635-4539|
|David Reedy||South End, Fenway/Kenmore, LGBTQ+ Community||617-635-2095|
|Kathy Trinh||South Boston, Charlestown||617-635-4503|
|Rosana Maltez||Advocacy and Benefits Coordinator||617-635-7450|
Come meet your Age Strong neighborhood advocate to access the information, programs, and services you need. For the full list of advocacy hours, click here.