Discounted passes are only $50 a year or $5 a month* with no annual commitment. Your pass will include unlimited one-hour trips. The discount is available to anyone who uses Bluebikes, regardless of where they live.
*There’s no annual commitment for monthly memberships. After 30 days, your membership will renew when you ride again, either by dipping your key at any dock or using the app to take out a bike. You will be charged the $5 monthly membership fee at that time.
Have a SNAP Card?
How to sign up
If you are 16 or older, receive benefits through the Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance, have a credit or debit card, and an email address, you can sign up today! Please note: You cannot use SNAP benefits to purchase your membership.
- Go to the verification form.
- Enter your EBT card number and email address
- Select a $50 annual or $5 monthly membership
- Fill in your personal and billing information
- Select your option for picking up your key: from a station, through the mail, or ride with the app
Information for people who do not participate in SNAP is provided below.
Don't have a SNAP card?
COVID-19 update: Our guided in-person enrollment locations are currently closed. You can apply for a discounted pass by filling out our online application form. Anyone who lives or works in the greater Boston region can apply for a discounted pass using this form.
If you have questions, contact email@example.comWe will accept proof of participation in:
- Emergency Aid to the Elderly, Disabled, and Children (EAEDC)
- Free or reduced lunch*
- Fuel assistance (LIHEAP)
- Housing choice voucher (Section 8)
- Pell Grants
- Public housing (for example, Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, or Somerville Housing Authorities)
- SNAP/EBT (Food stamps)
- Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC)
Individuals who do not participate in any public assistance program may still qualify based on income.
*Applies only to people who live outside of Boston. In Boston, free lunches are provided to all Boston Public Schools students.
Guests and customers of homeless shelters and transitional housing in the City of Boston are eligible for a subsidized membership of $5 per year. Call Kim Foltz at 617-635-1470 for more information.
For Community Groups
We will work with any local community organization that serves low-income Boston residents and wants to help spread the word about the discounted Bluebikes membership program. This includes:
- community centers
- parent organizations
- social justice organizations
- affordable housing coalitions, or
- any group that represents numerous eligible individuals.
Employees of community organizations are only eligible for the discounted membership program if they meet the income-eligibility guidelines.
If you have more questions about discounted Bluebikes memberships, or if you would like to schedule a presentation about the program for a group, please call Kim Foltz at 617-635-1470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program fliers in multiple languages are available upon request. For printed copies, or a pdf that you can print, please email Kim Foltz at email@example.com.