This is done through providing services to businesses and by promoting economic development policies that help businesses grow while fostering economic inclusion and equity. The Business Strategy team assists companies and entrepreneurs across many sectors with business relocation or expansion and can help companies who want to stay in Boston.
The Office of Small Business Development is Boston’s front door for small businesses, providing navigation help for permitting and licensing, technical assistance and certification for local, women, minority and veteran owned businesses.
The Business Strategy Team assists companies seeking to relocate to, expand or stay in Boston. We have industry managers with specialized expertise across a range of sectors including startups, light industrial/manufacturing, life sciences, high tech, and the creative economy. As a global city, the Business Strategy Team also engages with partners to promote Boston as open for business within the international market. Our team is ready to support your business needs.Contact: Lauren Jones, Director of Business Strategy 617-635-5729
Small Business Development
Mayor Walsh highlights economic successes, work to create equitable Boston at Chamber of Commerce
Research and Materials
- Boston Private Industry Council
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
- Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- Office of Workforce Development
- Office of Financial Empowerment
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Venture Cafe Foundation Boston