ONE+Boston Homebuyer Program
ONE+Boston will offer the lowest fixed interest rates available for a 30-year mortgage. It will also provides access to downpayment and closing-cost assistance. We want to increase the buying power of income-eligible, first-time Boston homebuyers purchasing a home within the City. Our goal is to help fulfill Mayor Walsh’s pledge to create 1,000 new homeowners by the end of 2023.
What is ONE+Boston?
Using funds provided by the City of Boston, the ONE+Boston interest rates are 0.5% to 1% below the already discounted ONE Mortgage rates.Includes enhanced downpayment assistance
For those first-time homebuyers who qualify, the City of Boston’s financial assistance will offer enhanced downpayment and closing cost assistance.
Applying for the program
- Are you a Boston resident? You must be a current resident of Boston and shopping for a home in Boston.
- Are you a first-time homebuyer? You can qualify if you haven’t owned a home in the last three years.
- Do you meet all of the qualifying requirements for ONE Mortgage, including our income limits? Visit MHP’s website income limits page (income limits for Boston are listed under Suffolk County).
- Find out if you are eligible. Visit the One+Boston website for a full list of qualifications.
- Take a homebuyer class. Complete an approved pre-purchase homebuyer education class before applying.
- Find a participating lender and meet with them to determine your eligibility for ONE+Boston. Please contact a lender before coming to the Boston Home Center for downpayment and closing cost assistance.