Bike Share Expansion 2020-2021
With guidance from your neighbors, we have a final plan for expansion in 2021. We thank everyone for their help and their time.
New Bike Share Stations
- 1: Butler Trolley T Stop - permit pending MBTA
- 2: Morton Street at Gallivan Boulevard - permit pending property owner
- 3: Shops at Riverwood - permit pending property owner
- 4: Ross Playground - permit pending Boston Parks and Recreation Department
- 5: Metropolitan Avenue at America's Food Basket
- 6: American Legion Highway at Hyde Park Avenue
- 7: Hyde Park Avenue at Arlington Street
- 8: Hyde Park Library
- 9: Cleary Square
- 10: Truman Parkway at Fairmount Avenue - permit pending Department of Conservation and Recreation
- 11: Cummins Highway at Blue Hill Avenue Station - pending Cote Village construction
- 12: Cummins Highway at Itasca Street - pending Cummins Highway reconstruction project
Planning processPlanning process
We posted signs on the street near each potential location we are considering to add a Bluebikes station.
Bike share perksBike share perks
Adding Bluebikes to driving or taking public transit can help you reduce overall transportation costs.
For example, many people drive or take public transit and ride Bluebikes for shorter trips. By riding Bluebikes for shorter trips once in a while, you can stretch your gas tank over a longer period of time. This allows you to save money on fewer trips to the gas station.
A regular annual membership costs as little as $9 each month, or $109 per year. We offer a discounted membership for those with limited incomes, which costs just $50 for the year or $5 each month. Some employers or schools also offer discounted memberships! Without a membership, one trip costs just $2.50 for 45 minutes. Or, you can purchase an Adventure Pass, which gives you 24-hour access to check out bikes for two hours at a time.