Martin's Park opened on June 15, 2019. Adjacent to Boston Children's Museum, the City of Boston Parks Department created an inclusive park and play space that is the first-of-its-kind in the City. The Department oversaw the project honoring Martin W. Richard, the youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombings. Located at 64 Sleeper Street on the South Boston waterfront, Martin's Park is a climate-resilient park that provides a space for children, families, and visitors of all abilities to learn, grow and play.
- Project Status: Complete and open to the public
- Construction Budget: $7,000,000
- Project features: Playground, passive use, water play
- Consultant: Michael VanValkenburgh Associates, Inc.
- Contractor: MacKay Construction
Live webcam of Martin's Park
There are no upcoming events available at this time.
Community meetings archive
We place information on upcoming and previous meetings in the public notices section of Boston.gov.
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #1 (February 10, 2016)
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #2 (April 11, 2016)
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #3 (October 20, 2016)