Moakley Park Vision Plan
A Vision Plan for Moakley Park will begin in 2017. This study will evaluate the entire park, all structures (including buildings), and infrastructure to assess future park renovations and climate resiliency potential.
- Project status: Planning
- Vision Plan Development Budget: $210,000
- Project features: Climate resilient design integrating sport facilities, passive uses, and children's play.
- Consultant: To be determined
- Contractor: To be determined
The Joe Moakley Park Ideas Competition brought forward innovative visions for Moakley Park that make the most of its size and location to provide equitable access to outstanding recreational and cultural opportunities while introducing ideas that demonstrate adaptability and resilience in the face of climate change.
Learn more about the Ideas in related documents section below:
- Coastal Carpet by Balinbin
- Game On by Warner Larson + Nitsh Engineering
- Let's Get Wet by 321GO
- Look Both Ways by MASS Design Group
- Mixing Ground by STOSS + Continuum
- Bridging the Gap by Cannon Design
- Park to Pier by Crosby Schlessinger Smallridge
- Resurgence by CDM Smith
- Room for Everyone by Woodard and Curran
- Urban Ecotone by Copley Wolff Design Group
- Working Tidal by CBA Landscape Architects