BCYF Mirabella Pool Opening Saturday, June 25, 2022
The BCYF Mirabella Pool in the North End will open for the summer season on Saturday, June 25, 2022. This outdoor pool, as well as several indoor pools across the City operated by Boston Centers for Youth & Families (BCYF), are available to residents looking to cool off. Locations and hours of operation of the pools can be found at Boston.gov/BCYF-Aquatics.
BCYF Mirabella Pool, located at 475 Commercial Street, will be open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. with lap swim available at 9 a.m. It is free to swim at all BCYF pools but there are some protocols in place at BCYF pools heading into the summer season:
- Visitors must create a profile in the system and register for a swim time slot at Boston.gov/BCYF-Registration. There will be staff onsite to assist with this but to guarantee a slot and prevent lines, please register in advance.
- Registration will go live 24 hours before the following day’s sessions and will remain open until all spots are taken or until the session is half over, whichever comes first.
- Preference will be given to Boston residents.
- Children under 8 need an adult in the water with them at all times.
- Three children under 12 are allowed per adult.
- All pools will be staffed by trained lifeguards.
- Please bring your own water and snacks.
When near water there are several things to keep in mind to keep you and your family safe:
- Always watch children near any body of water. Make sure to swim in the designated areas and know where the lifeguards are present.
- Swim near a lifeguard and never swim alone.
- Learn the basics of swimming. If you don’t already know how to swim, contact a local pool to get a proper lesson. BCYF will resume offering swim lessons in the fall.
- Obey "No Diving" signs and do not dive into shallow water.
BCYF is also operating programming for registered youth at community centers across the city this summer. Learn more about BCYF’s programming at Boston.gov/BCYF. These programs are in addition to a variety of expanded BCYF summer programming for teens and 900 youth jobs hosted at BCYF community centers through the Mayor's Summer Jobs Program.
- Last updated:
- Published by: Boston Centers for Youth & Families