The Joy Agenda
Boston is known for its rich history and innovative and creative spirit. We're also known for showing resilience in moments of collective hardship.
After over a year of COVID-19, and many acts of violence against communities of color, we're striving for an equitable recovery. We want to ensure access to services and resources that allow our residents to flourish. We plan to support:
- opportunities to get our businesses back to work
- our youth back to learning, and
- everyone back together safely.
Have questions? Contact:
About the Joy Agenda
We see joy as a tool. It will allow us to process challenging experiences in ways that bring hope and strength to our communities. We realize that joy is not one thing to everyone, but rather many things to each of us.
We know joy can be hard to embrace when navigating pain and trauma. As part of this effort, we encourage opportunities for collective processing of grief. However, as we recover from the pandemic and continue our own racial reckoning, we want to be deeply rooted in joy.
The Joy Agenda is a citywide invitation, opportunity, and investment in our collective well-being. Through the Joy Agenda, we will:
- create spaces to reflect on and share what joy means to Boston
- re-imagine equitable policies and practices that promote access to public space and services
- provide a range of ways for residents to safely reconnect with each other both virtually and in our vibrant public spaces, and
- invest in recovery and renewal through supporting arts and culture workers, local small businesses, and youth.
As we continue to envision what The Joy Agenda will look like for our city, we invite you to share your ideas. We also encourage you to take part in opportunities throughout the City that might spark joy.
(2020 PaintBox by Howie Green)