2023 Lighting of the Ship at Martin's Park
A special children’s celebration will be held on Saturday, November 25, at 4 p.m. at the Smith Family Waterfront in the Seaport District and Fort Point neighborhood when the Friends of Martin’s Park and the Boston Parks and Recreation Department host the third annual holiday lighting of the ship in Martin’s Park.
Martin’s Park will be transformed into a beautiful holiday display when the ship, surrounding beach fencing, and pedestrian bridge are illuminated with over 1,500 feet of blue and white tube lights.
Other festive attractions include:
- Santa will arrive by boat with the Boston Police Harbor Unit at the Harborwalk
- Entertainment will be provided by a cappella group Ball In The House performing a selection of holiday classics
- Seaport’s own Betty the Yeti will make an appearance
- Hot cocoa will be provided by Tuscan Kitchen
- With donations, attendees will have the opportunity to take home a customized special souvenir of the third annual event while supplies last.