The Children's Winter Festival returns to the Boston Common!
Looking for some fun & free activities during BPS February school vacation week?
Join us on Thursday, February 20th from 11 a.m - 2 p.m on the Boston Common for our annual Children's Winter Festival! Hosted by Mayor Martin J. Walsh and the Parks & Recreation Department in partnership with the Highland Street Foundation, this is the perfect afternoon activity for kids of all ages.
This year's festival will feature music, giveaways, various winter attractions, treats, crafts and much more! This event is FREE and open to all. Make sure to dress warmly!
- a 45-foot-long Toboggan Tunnel mountainous adventure
- Snow Mazing maze
- Snowzilla Jr., an inflatable winter-themed slide
- a three-car Trackless Train
- hands-on games including Giant Connect4, Baggo, Giant Horseshoes, Inflatable Skee Ball, and much more.
- L.L. Bean's Bootmobile will be on-site for a photo-op and their Outdoor Discovery Program team will offer sledding and snowshoeing (weather permitting) or a Maps and Compass Challenge if there is no snow.
- Free giveaways from Disney's Frozen 2 and a chance to win a copy of the movie
- XFINITY is providing a vintage 1960s Volkswagen bus converted to a photo bus, so bring your best pose and let XFINITY’s Photobus take your group’s photo.
- The Magic 106.7 street team will be there with giveaways
- Additionally, there will be activities with the Girl Scouts of Eastern MA, the Mayor’s Mural Crew, the New England Aquarium, a family Zumba class, and hot tea from DAVIDsTEA.
For more information, please call the Boston Parks & Recreation Department at 617-635-4505 or visit Boston.gov/Parks