Monika Bravo (b. 1964 in Bogotá, Colombia) is a multi-disciplinary artist. She currently resides in Miami Beach. Her work integrates a wide array of disciplines, from psycho-technologies to immersive sculptural environments.
She was recently awarded the Civitella Ranieri Visual Arts Fellowship, a prestigious residency program for international writers, composers, and visual artists, in Italy. Recent public art commissions include:
- An interval of time, 2020 for the Landmarks Public Arts program at University of Texas, Austin, and
- Duration for the Metropolitan Transport Agency (MTA) Arts design subway in New York.
Bravo has exhibited her work nationally and internationally, including at:
- the Rubin Museum of Art
- 56th Venice Biennale representing the Vatican City-State at the Pavilion of the Holy See
- The New Museum in New York
- Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
- Museo de Arte del Banco de la República
- The Museo de Arte Moderno Bogota
- The 5th Seoul International Media Art Biennale
- Seoul Museum of Art, South Korea
- CAB in Spain, Site Santa Fe, and
- Stenenser Museum of Oslo, Norway.