Allston-Brighton homeownership program
The program offers down payment and closing cost help to qualified individuals, as well as heating system repairs for older residents.
The Boston Home Center and the Allston-Brighton CDC are partnering to offer the Allston-Brighton Homeownership Program. This new program was made possible with funding from the development of Allston Yards.
The program has two components:
- We offer down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified individuals for buying in Allston or Brighton. Potential buyers may be from outside of Boston.
- The program also provides heating system repairs for older residents. We repair heating systems for qualified residents already living in Allston or Brighton.
43 HAWKINS STREET
BOSTON, MA 02114
Are you a first-time homebuyer who wants to purchase your home in Allston or Brighton? We offer up to $50,000 in financial aid for income-eligible, first-time homebuyers to buy their first home in the neighborhood.Please note:
- The financial aid can be used for down payment and closing cost assistance.
- The financial assistance is a grant (up to five percent of the purchase price for a maximum of $50,000).
- Homebuyers must use one of the Boston Home Center’s Participating Lenders for their mortgage.
- Buyers must meet all other Boston Home Center financial assistance requirements.
Download and complete the financial assistance application on the Boston Home Center’s website:
Financial help for homeownership
When you send in your application or drop it off, we will note that the property listed on page 4 is located in Allston-Brighton. If you meet other eligibility requirements, we will reach out to you about the Allston-Brighton Program.
For more information, contact the Allston-Brighton CDC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-787-3874 (Extension 35).
Heating system repairs
You can receive up to $8,000 in a grant to replace a heating system that is at least 12 years old or not functioning. To qualify for this program, you must be 60 or older and earn less than 120% of the Area Median Income (see income limits page for specifics).
Homeowners must also meet all of the other requirements of our Seniors Save program:
- Be an owner-occupant of a home in Allston or Brighton
- Live in a one- to four-unit property
- Be current on Boston real estate taxes
- Be current on Boston Water and Sewer payments
For more information and to fill out an application for the Allston-Brighton Senior Saves program, contact ESAC at email@example.com or 617-524-2555.