Allston-Brighton homeownership program
The Boston Home Center and the Allston-Brighton CDC are partnering to offer the Allston-Brighton Homeownership Program. This new program was made possible with funding from the development of Allston Yards.
The program has two components:
- We offer down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified individuals for buying in Allston or Brighton. Potential buyers may be from outside of Boston.
- The program also provides heating system repairs for older residents. We repair heating systems for qualified residents already living in Allston or Brighton.
Are you a first-time homebuyer who wants to purchase your home in Allston or Brighton? We offer up to $50,000 in financial aid for income-eligible, first-time homebuyers to buy their first home in the neighborhood.Please note:
- The financial aid can be used for down payment and closing cost assistance.
- The financial assistance is a zero-interest deferred loan. That means that there are no payments made until you sell, refinance, or are no longer living in your home.
- Homebuyers must use one of the Boston Home Center’s Participating Lenders for their mortgage.
- Buyers must meet all other Boston Home Center financial assistance requirements.
Download and complete the financial assistance application on the Boston Home Center’s website:
When you send in your application or drop it off, we will note that the property listed on page 4 is located in Allston-Brighton. If you meet other eligibility requirements, we will reach out to you about the Allston-Brighton Program.
Heating system repairs
You can receive up to $8,000 in a grant to replace a heating system that is at least 12 years old or not functioning. To qualify for this program, you must be 60 or older and earn less than 120% of the Area Median Income (see income limits page for specifics).
Homeowners must also meet all of the other requirements of our Seniors Save program:
- Be an owner-occupant of a home in Allston or Brighton
- Live in a one- to four-unit property
- Be current on Boston real estate taxes
- Be current on Boston Water and Sewer payments