Moakley Park Vision Plan
In the first phase of Resilient Moakley Park, we worked in with community groups to create a new vision for Moakley Park. Our goal was to balance recreational needs with community gathering spaces and flooding protection.
You can see the results of our work below. Track progress and contribute to the ongoing redesign effort on our Moakley Park page.
- Project status: Vision completed (now in design phase)
- Vision Plan Development Budget: $210,000
- Project features: Climate resilient design integrating sport facilities, passive uses, and children's play.
- Consultant: Stoss Landscape Urbanism
View a record of the community engagements and meetings that informed the Moakley vision plan.
- Moakley Park Vision Plan Open House (March 21, 2019): 6:30 p.m., Iron Workers Local 7 Union
- DISCOVER Moakley (September 29, 2018): 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.; 7 - 9 p.m., Moakley Park and Carson Beach
- Moakley Park Vision Plan Community Meeting #2 (July 19, 2018) - 5 p.m., Tierney Learning Center, South Boston
- Moakley Park Vision Plan Community Meeting #1 (RESCHEDULED - April 11, 2018) - 6:30 p.m., Tierney Learning Center, South Boston
The Joe Moakley Park Ideas Competition offered innovative visions for Moakley Park. These designs aimed to make the most of its size and location. Aside from providing equal access to recreational and cultural opportunities, they also introduced ideas that help the park adapt in the face of climate change.
Design team presentations: