Small Business and Professional Licensure
We focus on all programs and issues that affect businesses and the people who use them.
We concern ourselves with legislation and policy issues affecting business development, licensing, and regulations. These issues include:
- growth of small business,
- entrepreneurship, and
- the innovation economy.
We work to ensure a fair, equitable, and vibrant market for both businesses and consumers in the City of Boston.
Still have questions? Contact:
Have questions for our committee?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Need to Know
The City Council is made up of 15 standing committees. We also create special committees to address certain needs in Boston.
Committee chairCommittee chair
Vice chairVice chair
Groups we oversee
- Consumer Affairs and Licensing Department
- Boston Licensing Board
- Boston Resident Jobs Policy
- Small Business Development
- Main Streets Program, and
- any other agency, department, or program related to small business and consumer affairs.