We are a fiduciary for Boston Retirement System by virtue of the City of Boston accepting the enactment of Massachusetts General laws Chapter 32 which governs Massachusetts' pensions.
Our board serves members and retirees of all City departments, the Boston Redevelopment Authority, the Boston Housing Authority, the Public Health Commission, and the Boston Water and Sewer Commission. We consist of:
- two members elected by active and retired members of the system
- the City Auditor as ex officio
- one member appointed by the Mayor of Boston, and
- one member who is elected by the other four members of the Board.
We hold board meetings on the third Wednesday of every month, starting at 10 a.m.
Financials and Investments
We request proposals from firms interested in providing investment consulting services for both General and Public Market Consulting and Private Markets Investment Consulting services (collectively, the “Investment Consulting Services”).
More specific descriptions of these services are set forth in Section III under the heading "Scope of Services."
- BRS Investment Consulting Services RFP
- Attachment 1 BRS Invest Consulting Services RFP
- Attachment 2 BRS Invest Consulting Services RFP
- Attachment 3A BRS Invest Consulting Services RFP
- Attachment 3B BRS Invest Consulting Services RFP
- Attachment 3C BRS Invest Consulting Services RFP
- Attachment 4 BRS Invest Consulting Services RFP