South Bay Harbor Trail Project
The trail will connect Boston's neighborhoods to its waterfront via a three-and-a-half-mile route. The walk- and bike-friendly route will go through Roxbury, the South End, and South Boston.
The trail connects residents to jobs, public transportation, and cultural institutions. Its route crosses over bridges and under highways, including public and private parcels.
We will complete the entire route in stages. Segments are open for use today, including parts of the Harborwalk in South Boston. The upcoming Melnea Cass Boulevard reconstruction will upgrade the route along this corridor.
The City has secured funding to construct part of the trail to connect the South End and South Boston. We expect to complete the design in 2017, with construction beginning in 2018.
Still have questions? Contact:
We held an informational meeting on August 9, 2017.
Related documentsRelated documents
- Informational Meeting Presentation: August 9, 2017
- Design Public Hearing Handout: May 16, 2017
- Design Public Hearing Presentation: May 16, 2017
- Design Public Hearing Display Boards: May 16, 2017
- Design Public Hearing Aerial View: May 16, 2017
- Presentation: January 26, 2017
- Display board: January 26, 2017