Melnea Cass Boulevard Design Project
The scope includes the development of a Complete Streets roadway and streetscape design that:
- creates a pedestrian friendly environment
- ensures efficient traffic flow
- accommodates transit vehicles and bicycles, and
- promotes economic development.
Melnea Cass Boulevard Design public hearing
A design public hearing will be held by MassDOT to discuss the proposed reconstruction of Melnea Cass Boulevard.
We're building on the conclusions of the Roxbury Strategic Master Plan.
We'll work on the design local communities and all relevant City and state agencies, neighborhood groups, and corridor abutters. As part of this project, we plan to coordinate with the designs for the South Bay Harbor Trail and neighboring development parcels.
The initial City of Boston investment of $2.2 million for design is being supported by federal earmark and state matching funds for construction, totaling about $25 million. The schedule for completion of 25 percent of the design plans is estimated to be spring 2017.
November 10, 2016 Community Meeting
- Comment Map - Use this map to share your feedback about the plan.
- Project Information Boards - Project History
- Project Information Boards - Pedestrian Improvements
- Project Information Boards - Tree count
- Project Information Boards - Bicycle Improvements
- Project Information Boards - Traffic Improvements
- Project Information Boards - Complete Streets
April 13, 2015 Community Meeting
March 6, 2013 Community Meeting
May 30, 2012 Community Meeting
March 15, 2012 Community Meeting
December 14, 2011 Community Meeting
- December 14 meeting minutes
- December 14 meeting flier
- December 14 draft presentation
- December 14 draft presentation - breakout groups