Rental Relief Fund
The Rental Relief Fund Application will close on September 30, 2023 at 8:00pm. A new version of the Rental Relief Fund will launch in early 2024 with significantly less funding. We want your feedback on this new version. Please fill out our survey on potential program guidelines and eligibility requirements.
La presentación de solicitudes del Rental Relief Fund (Fondo de Ayuda para el Alquiler) cerrará el 30 de septiembre de 2023 a las 8:00 p. m. A principios de 2024, se lanzará una nueva versión del Rental Relief Fund con una financiación considerablemente menor. Queremos conocer su opinión sobre esta nueva versión. Lo invitamos a completar nuestra encuesta sobre posibles pautas del programa y requisitos de elegibilidad.
房租救济基金 (Rental Relief Fund) 申请的截止日期为 2023 年 9 月 30 日晚上 8:00。新版房租救济基金 (Rental Relief Fund) 将于 2024 年初启动，资金将大幅减少。我们想要了解您对该新版本的反馈。请填写我们的调查，内容是关于潜在项目指导方针和资格要求。
Demann Soutyen Finansman pou Lwaye (Rental Relief Fund) a ap fini 30 sektanm 2023 nan 8:00 aswè. Y ap lanse yon nouvèl vèsyon Soutyen Finansman pou Lwaye (Rental Relief Fund) a nan kòmansman 2024 la avèk yon finansman k ap pi piti. Nou vle remak ou sou nouvèl vèsyon sa a. Tanpri, ranpli sondaj nou an sou direktiv posib pwogram yo ak egzijans pou elijibilite yo.
Không còn tiếp nhận Đơn Đăng Ký Quỹ Hỗ Trợ Tiền Thuê Nhà (Rental Relief Fund) vào ngày 30 tháng 9 năm 2023 lúc 8 giờ tối. Một chương trình Quỹ Hỗ Trợ Tiền Thuê Nhà mới sẽ được khởi chạy vào đầu năm 2024 với số tiền hỗ trợ ít hơn đáng kể. Chúng tôi muốn thu nhận ý kiến phản hồi của quý vị về chương trình mới này. Vui lòng điền khảo sát của chúng tôi về các hướng dẫn của chương trình và các yêu cầu về điều kiện hội đủ.
Inskrison pa Finansiamentu pa Aliviu di Renda (Rental Relief Fund) ta bai fitxa na 30 di Sitenbru, 2023 pa 8:00h noti. Un novu verson di Finansiamentu pa Aliviu di Renda (Rental Relief Fund) ta ben lansadu na kumesu di 2024 ku ben menus finansiamentu. Nu kre bu opinion sobri es novu verson. Favor prenxi kestionariu sobri pusivel diretrizis di prugrama i izijensias di elijibilidadi.
房租救濟基金 (Rental Relief Fund) 申請的截止日期為 2023 年 9 月 30 日晚上 8:00。新版房租救濟基金 (Rental Relief Fund) 將於 2024 年初啟動，資金將大幅減少。我們想要瞭解您對此新版本的意見。請填寫我們的調查，其中有關潛在的專案指導方針與資格要求。
43 HAWKINS STREET
BOSTON, MA 02114 MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
AT RISK OF BEING EVICTED?Visit our eviction page for resources. If you’re able to, you should pay your rent. Applying for rental assistance may “stop the clock” on the eviction process if you currently have a case in Housing Court.
Program guidelines and Eligibility
We're dedicating federal funds to help Boston residents who are having difficulty paying their rent.
The Rental Relief Fund Rental will provide up to $10,000 in assistance for income eligible households for up to 18 months for:
- current rent
- future rent
- utility arrears (up to $2,000, must have shut-off notice), and
- moving-related expenses (when facing immediate housing insecurity).
After receiving two months of future rent, applicants will need to pay their rent for four to six months before applying for additional future stipends. Applicants must also be behind on rent before applying to receive additional assistance. Applicants will be required to pay 30 percent of their income towards future rent.
The Rental Relief Fund is open to households earning less than 50% of Area Median Income. We also prioritize households where one or more members have been unemployed for the past 90 days.
- Past due (from March 13, 2020), current, and up to two months of expected rent costs. You must use the Rental Relief Funds for at least one month of past due rent in order to apply for up to two months of future stipends
- Rental and utility arrears from before March 13, 2020
- Payments to sober houses
- Payments to landlords that are relatives or family members (unless relative has incorporated as LLC)
- Future rent payments for tenants with a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)
TO BE ELIGIBLE, YOU MUST BE:
- a City of Boston resident,
- at or below 50 percent AMI,
- at risk of homelessness or housing instability, and
- NOT a full-time college or graduate student,
- able to sustain your apartment, by fully and consistently paying your rent and utilities, for the foreseeable future. Sustainability criteria includes, but is not limited to, number of previous months receiving rental assistance, rent burden (percentage of your monthly income that goes toward your rent), length of unemployment, and efforts made to maximize monthly income.
- Applications for moving requests must be tied to an eviction, notice to quit, or risk of housing stability. The Office of Housing Stability reserves the right to deny a request for moving assistance if it is determined that the move would put an applicant in an unsustainable rental agreement.
- Recipients of a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) are eligible for rental arrears assistance only.
- If the Boston Housing Authority is your landlord, visit the Housing Authority website for more information. You can also call 617-988-5060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, and telephone number in any message. You can also download the Public Housing Rental Relief flyer in English, Español, or 中文.
- Chapter 151B of the Massachusetts General Laws prohibits discrimination by a landlord against any tenant receiving federal, state, or local housing subsidies, including rental assistance or rental supplements, because the individual is such a recipient. A landlord’s refusal to accept emergency rental assistance, that covers the entire amount owed to the landlord, may, in some circumstances, constitute a violation of Chapter 151B. Landlords should consult their own legal counsel for advice before declining rental assistance that covers all outstanding rent arrears.