Celebrate Earth Day by giving back and cleaning up your park or urban wild!
Join the Boston Parks and Recreation Department and the Environment Department, with support provided by Home Depot, as we mark Earth Day with a self-guided cleanup. Stop by Franklin Park and pick up some equipment for a self-guided Earth Day cleanup in a park or urban wild of your choosing. We provide the equipment, you chose the park or urban wild.
Where: Pierpont Road in Franklin Park near Glenn Road.
What will be provided: Gloves, paper compost bags, plastic garbage bags, and safety instructions.
Remember: Volunteers should wear work clothes (long pants) and close-toed shoes (that you don’t mind getting wet or dirty). Bring your own hat, sunscreen, raincoat, or jacket depending on the weather, as well as snacks and water.
Rain date: None, may be canceled due to severe weather.
COVID-19 safety protocols:
- This event is an equipment distribution for self guided cleanups.
- Face mask or covering is required for participants.
- Physical distancing between parties is required.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Do not participate if you have shown signs or symptoms or had exposure to sick individuals within 14 days of the event.
Self-guided cleanup document