SuccessLink Youth Jobs
Employing Boston’s youth for future success.
We employ Boston's youth at nonprofits, community-based organizations, and City agencies. Applications are open for 2023 Summer Youth Jobs. Learn more and apply below.
Have questions? Contact:Youth Employment and Opportunity
1483 TREMONT STREET
BOSTON, MA 02120
SUCCESSLINK OFFICE HOURS
Monday through Friday, 12 - 6 p.m.
Youth Summer 2023 jobs are here!
To be eligible for employment with SuccessLink, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be ages 14-18 during the employment period
- Must be a full-time resident of the City of Boston
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
If you meet the requirements, then you are eligible for a SuccessLink job with one of our amazing partners this summer! Scroll to learn more about how to apply.
Please note: Applying for a job through SuccessLink does NOT guarantee a job opportunity or placement.
Get jobs in Industries such as:
- Arts and Entertainment
- Community and Social Assistance
- Education and Child Care
- Government and Advocacy
- Public Administration
- Sports and Recreation
Summer Job Categories
We partner with nonprofits, community-based organizations, and City agencies to create a diverse network of organizations to employ Boston's youth.
These jobs are unique employment opportunities within the City government. City agency jobs will provide youth with:
- an inside perspective of what it is to be a public servant
- unique job opportunities in local government, and
- an in-depth outlook on the professional development, career pathways, and other necessary preparation for future careers in city government.
These jobs are mission-driven employment opportunities within organizations rooted in positive social impact that benefit communities and neighborhoods. Nonprofit jobs will provide youth with:
- mission driven job opportunities in community organizations
- pathways to administrative and policy activism careers, and
- opportunities to develop connections and create a positive impact in your community.
Apply for a summer job
View available summer job positions in the spreadsheet below. Click the job you are interested in to apply. This information will be updated regularly. We also have tips on how to get a summer job.
SuccessLink Hiring ProcessHiring process
To work through SuccessLink, you must:
- be ages 14-19 years old during employment period
- be a full time resident of the City of Boston
- be legally permitted to work in the United States
If you are within the valid age range, are permitted to work in the U.S., and live in Boston, apply directly to the jobs listed!
Once you have applied to jobs, reach out to the organizations to which you have applied. By contacting organizations that you have applied to, they may invite you in for an interview.
Onboarding is the process of filling out and uploading important hiring information online. If you are selected by a SuccessLink Partner, you will be sent an onboarding email to complete the hiring process.
Be prepared! Make sure that you have all of the required hiring documents available to upload to your onboarding profile.
You may bring in all of your original documents, the employee contract, and your signed work permit application to the YEO office at 1483 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120 during our office hours.
Once you've completed your onboarding and uploaded your hiring paperwork, your profile will be reviewed.
After your profile is reviewed and documents are verified you will be good to work. Your employer will contact you by email or phone when you are cleared to work. You must wait until you hear from your employer before you start working.
Resources for youth workersResources for youth workers
City of Boston 2023 Youth Job and Resource Fair
- When April 22, 2023, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Reggie Lewis Center
1350 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02120