Our main goals are to expand access to high-quality early education and childcare programs, invest in Boston’s early education and care workforce, and serve as a central point-of-entry for residents looking for information on early education and childcare programming, and wraparound services for young children and their families.
Our office will address the needs highlighted in Boston’s 2021 Childcare Census Survey report.
- Expanding high-quality, affordable early education and childcare options for infants and toddlers
- Accelerating the creation of a universal pre-K system that stretches across Boston Public Schools, community-based organizations, and family-based childcare programs
- Investing in the early education and childcare workforce by building sustainable career pathways for educators
- Creating a one-stop shop for enrollment and access to early education and childcare programs by building an accessible, multilingual portal
- Coordinating outreach and information related to both City-run and community-led programs that impact the lives of young children and their families