Find your Boston Public Schools transcript
We have some tips to help you locate and get a copy of your records.
Uncovering Boston videos
Abandoned subway tunnel under City Hall
For the first time since it closed in the 1960s, the abandoned subway tunnel under City Hall Plaza was opened to the public on May 21, 2018.
Watch: City Hall Groundbreaking
A look back at the 1963 groundbreaking of City Hall.
Watch: Dorchester School for Girls
For much of its history, the Dorchester School for Girls was occupied by up to 30 girls age 6-15. On this week's Boston Uncovered, take a look at artifacts from the 1800s that were uncovered during an archaeological dig.
More 'Uncovering Boston' videos
We launched a video series highlighting Boston’s history.
Featured archaeological digsFeatured digs
Archaeologists surveyed the front yard of Old City Hall to find evidence of the 1635 Boston Latin School.
Archaeologists conducted a survey at the landmark-designated Malcolm X- Ella Little-Collins House.
Archaeologists conducted a dig in the crypt at Old North Church in the North End.
History newsHistory news
Notes from the Archives: On this day in 1931, Leonard Nimoy is born in Boston's West End
Boston Tourism partners to re-enact 1768 landing of British Redcoats in Boston
Notes from the Archives: #onthisday in 1918, the flu epidemic begins in Boston
City Archives Digital Access Initiative
We’ve scanned over two million pages of City records and over 13,000 City photos, making them available to the public online.
Thanks to the Community Preservation Act, we're able to fund projects across the City, including historic preservation projects.
Every May, Boston Preservation Month encourages public awareness and appreciation of the City's historic resources.
Preservation Month eventsEvents
There are no upcoming events available at this time.
Historic districts in BostonHistoric districts
Aberdeen Architectural Conservation District
The Aberdeen Architectural Conservation District was designated in 2001.
Back Bay Architectural District
The Back Bay Architectural District was established in 1966 and expanded in 1974, 1979, and 1981.
Bay State Road/Back Bay West Area Architectural Conservation District
The Bay State Road/Back Bay West Architectural Conservation District was designated in 1979.
Beacon Hill Architectural District
Beacon Hill Architectural District was established in 1955, and expanded in 1958 and 1963.
Fort Point Channel Landmark District
The Fort Point Channel Landmark District was designated in 2009.
Mission Hill Triangle Architectural Conservation District
The Mission Hill Triangle Architectural Conservation District was designated in 1985.
Historic Burying GroundsBurying Grounds
Bennington Street Burying Ground
Founded in 1838, Bennington Street's physical layout and gravemarkers reflect the growth and diversity that has...
Bunker Hill Burying Ground
Bunker Hill is Charlestown's second municipal burial place (the first was established on Phipps Street in 1630).
Central Burying Ground
Dating from 1756, Central Burying Ground is located on Boston Common on Boylston Street near Tremont Street.
Dorchester North Burying Ground
The Dorchester North Burying Ground is Dorchester's earliest remaining landmark.
Dorchester South Burying Ground
The founding of the cemetery in 1814 occurred on the eve of the Rural Cemetery Movement.
Hawes/Union Burying Ground
This South Boston site combines two adjacent graveyards: Hawes Burying Ground and Union Cemetery.
King's Chapel Burying Ground
King's Chapel was founded in 1630 at the time of the settlement of Boston.
Market Street Burying Ground
The origins of the Market Street Burying Ground are closely linked to the founding of the town of Brighton.
Phipps Street Burying Ground
The Phipps Street Burying Ground is one Boston's seven 17th-century burying grounds.
South End Burying Ground
When the South End Burying Ground was opened in 1810, it was located on the narrow strip of marshland, Roxbury Neck...
Walter Street Burying Ground
Now called the Walter Street Burying Ground, this site is located on what is today known as Peters Hill.